Online training – where you take your trainer with you on the road or home – is one of the fastest growing segments of the $84B fitness industry. Travel, long work hours, or a schedule that is all-over-the-place can make it harder to practice the necessary consistent exercise routine. Sound familiar? That’s why we have finally developed one that’s right for you, Virtual Training with Adrien.
Nothing can replace the value of one-on-one training with an experienced coach who can not only motivate you, but also keep you injury-free while having fun. A “coaches eye” is irreplaceable. Yet, it’s not always realistic or sustainable if you aim to work out 4-5 days a week, which is what Alexandria Wellness recommends. Over the past 15 years, we saw a deep need for ease, consistency, simplicity and results from so many of our clients who either can’t get workouts in as consistently as they’d (and I’d) like or who travel extensively. So, why not create one ourselves?
Online training programs can be accessed anytime and anywhere as long as you have a little bit of space (the size of a yoga mat) and computer, tablet, or phone.
How will you know if an online training program can help you? I’ve found that it’s great for any who:
- Is busy and/or short on time. Not enough time at the gym, to drive anywhere, or to “squeeze in a workout”? Wake up thirty minutes early and do it from your living room, the hotel gym, or squeeze in 5-10-20 minutes after kid drop off!
- Is new to fitness. With each workout, our program gives clear written and visual (video) instructions on how to properly perform exercises and modify workouts. Good training programs set you up with a solid foundation to build on so you can become stronger and injury free for long-term success. And, the bonus is you will learn from a 15-year veteran: me!
- Struggles with consistency and motivation. It’s nice to get excited about workouts when they’re fun, enjoyable, and stress-free. Instead of forcing yourself to do something you hate, you can have a program that you actually look forward to and is tailored to you. Studies show when you invest in something, you use it!
- Wants variety and flexibility. With a variety of exercises, no or minimal and affordable equipment, and multiple workouts to choose from, you won’t get bored…so you’ll do them and see more results. Our workouts are quintessential Adrien with lots of demonstrations, slow and fast “moving parts”, mostly bodyweight only and imagine that you will actually complete a pull up on my program!
Bottom line: having an online training program is one of the best tools for consistency, flexibility, affordability and ease. Industry experts say they are here to stay. Why? They work!
Here are a few other tips for working out that apply anywhere:
- Choose a time and stick with it. Whether you’re traveling, at home, or actually going to a gym, committing to the same time every day can help motivate you to make your workout a non-negotiable. In other words, make it a habit.
- Prep the night before. Set out your workout clothes, yoga/thick mat and fill your water bottle so you don’t even have to think about it in the morning. Put your program up on your computer.
- Follow a program. Instead of randomly choosing exercises and thirty minutes on the elliptical or cardiovascular equipment, following a program will help you see results and progress in a way that has you feeling stronger, motivated, and empowered. Our program includes:
- A monthly program document to describe in detail each workout segment and each exercise with the recommended number of repetitions or time.
- Videos of me performing the movements in each segment, or “block” in fitness jargon.
- Each program is designed for you to choose 5-10-20-30-40 minute- and hour long workouts.
- Each month includes 2 days that you can alternate or maintain the same workout for days in a row.
So, as easy as 1-2-3 you can pull out your phone, computer or tablet and…work out in the comfort of your own home!